April 23, 2010

Shishamo


Ingredient:
  • shishamo (We buy mezashi style like the picture below. They are connected through their mouths by a straw.)
Recipe:
  1. Defrost shishamo (I usually put them in the fridge night before I cook.)
  2. Cut parchment paper right size of your pan and put it in the pan.
  3. Take shishamo out of plastic.
  4. Put them on the parchment paper and put lid on.
  5. Turn on high heat first and after you hear sounds of grilling, make heat low.(It's probably about 5 min for high heat.)
  6. Keep grilling about 13min. It should be ready to eat. If you want more brown, make shishamo up side down and grill 5 more minutes.
 
 


Dekiagari! できあがり! 

I remember you asked me when you had shishamo first time. "Are you gonna eat head,too?" "I kinda feel bad to eat eggs." Now, shishamo is one of your favorite? Mmmm, I say, "Not!" but I know you still like shishamo. I just don't see the speed yet, the speed of when you are eating your favorites.

1 comment:

  1. This is excellent.

    However, I find sisamo in H-Mart which is of Korean origin. My Japanese friend Toshiyuki tells me that Japanese version is salted, that is, it is seasoned. So how do I prepare the seasoning? How much salt do I use? Can I use a soy + sugar sauce as well for broiling? I have tried this and it is good.

    Yes, the heads are good. I wish I could move to Japan. It is so tasty there.

    ReplyDelete